DEPARTMENT: Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue (DC Metro)
WORKPLACE TYPE: Hybrid
- Support the Institute’s strategic initiatives including but not limited to the Global Tech Security Commission, engaging with internal and external stakeholders, and training programs.
- Draft written content for the Institute, inclusive of the website, digital newsletter, talking points, email correspondence, invitations, and more, related to technology, foreign policy, and Institute programming
- Research and write background briefs ahead of key meetings and events with government, industry, and diplomatic leaders and prospective donors
- Assist in planning and executing Institute programs and events, inclusive of scouting locations, tracking invitations and RSVPs, and providing logistical support such as developing print materials, coordinating catering, greeting guests, ensuring COVID-19 compliance, etc.
- Effective data and records maintenance, inclusive of categorizing, importing, and updating contact records in the HubSpot CRM
- Support the Director and Senior Leaders with administrative tasks including scheduling, expenses, travel, and notetaking.
Track news and policy developments relevant to tech diplomacy.
- Work on projects and develop skills across multiple lines of effort including policy research, communications, and development.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise:
- A commitment to the organization’s mission
- A start-up mentality, possessing the initiative and the ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Ability to interact with stakeholders from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years’ experience preferred
About Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue:
The Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The Institute views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Institute-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.